modified: Sunday 18 August 2019
author: Dusty old robot
Welcome to the back corners of darksleep, where objects are more fractal than they appear.
This site has been a hobby project since about 2016. It's written completely from scratch to be as easy as possible to plonk on a host and get running with a minimum of effort:
- No dependencies other than a shell and standard command-line tools
- No config needed outside of a single file (almost, the frontpage rss is a bit of a hack)
- Self-contained in a single, neat folder. Pages, database, logs, scripts, etc
- Auto-detects the installation location (you don't need to hard-code the install path)
- Compiles pages to static .html files, so it's damned fast to browse and keeps the site readable when scripts are broken.
Did I mention shell? This site is written entirely in it. Tremble before me cowards, the filesystem is my database and my pipe is a cat.
A public release of this website's code, minus the commenting system, is available in the form of Minisleep